How to Apply
Current graduate students from U.S. schools, or those who have just completed their graduate studies in the past two years are eligible to submit applications.
Non-US citizens are welcome to apply, as long as you are a student or recent graduate of an American art program. Please note that if a non-US citizen is selected, the AAF is not responsible for fees associated with acquiring the necessary visa, etc.
Application Requirements & Deadlines
Please submit your complete application postmarked no later than APRIL 7, 2017. Applications submitted via email must be sent to email@example.com by 5:00pm EST on APRIL 7, 2017.
Please send the following documents to the AAF:
- Application form (see downloads below)
- A recent photo of yourself
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (the author of the letter of recommendation must email the letter directly to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- A current résumé or CV, detailing your educational background and artistic experience
- A one page essay describing how attending the International Summer Academy Salzburg will help you to achieve your professional goals
- A list of image/video/audio titles
- Please include 7 – 10 digital images of your work, or video or sound clips, not to exceed a combined 10 minutes total. For combinations of still images and video and/or sound clips, please use your best judgment.
The following formats are acceptable:
- Color slides - Digital images (.JPG or .TIF, not more than 300KB per image)
- Images will be displayed with a digital projector and a flat screen monitor; the projector’s native settings are: 1024 x 768 maximum resolution, 72 dpi, 4 x 3 pixel ratio
Incomplete applications will not be submitted to the jury. The AAF and Salzburg International Summer Academy are not responsible for lost applications.
This program is operated by the AAF and funded through the generosity of AAF Board Member Gerhard Seebacher and his wife Angelika. Applications will be submitted to a jury chaired by Dr. Hildegund Amanshauser, the Director of the Salzburg International Summer Academy.
The fellowship covers Summer Academy tuition, up to $1,000 of travel expenses, accommodation at Schloss Arenberg, and a stipend for meals.
Within one month after completion of the fellowship, each recipient is required to send a final report to the AAF at: email@example.com. No telephone inquiries, questions per email only.
The American Austrian Foundation, Inc.
ATTN: The AAF/Seebacher Prize for Fine Arts Jury
c/o UniCredit Group
150 East 42nd Street
New York, NY 10017